- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Prometheus has been tracking especially strong in the U.K., where the movie made its world premiere Thursday night.
Prometheus, headlining Noomi Repace and Michael Fassbender, opens June 8 in the U.S. It’s debuting in a total of 15 international markets a week ahead of its domestic launch, including France, where it grossed $2.4 million on Wednesday and Thursday (the movie scored the second-biggest opening-day gross of 2012 behind The Avengers for a non-French title).
Opening in Russia on Thursday, Prometheus grossed $2.2 million, the third-highest Fox opening of all time behind the third Ice Age 3 and Avatar. It opened No. 1 in Russia, as well as in Belgium, Holland, Denmark and Switzerland.
In Chile, Prometheus debuted to $70,000 on Thursday, the biggest opening day for a Scott-directed title and bigger than The Hunger Games and MIB3.
Snow White is also opening in 45 international territories; the U.K. is the only market where it goes up against Prometheus.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day