- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Summit Entertainment’s The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 is already setting records overseas, where it has grossed an initial $13.8 million from seven territories.
The final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise opened Wednesday in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and French and Italian speaking Switzerland.
PHOTOS: First Look at Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart in the Final ‘Twilight’ Installment
Breaking Dawn 2 set single day opening records for 2012 in Italy and France, and is outpacing all previous films in the Twilight franchise in all seven markets.
Returning Kristin Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the title roles, Breaking Dawn 2 is opening in a total of 61 foreign markets, and lands in North America at 10 p.m. Thursday.
Box office observers believe Breaking Dawn 2 could hit $150 million in North America, a franchise best. The Twilight Saga: New Moon now holds the record with $142.8 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Fast X’ Star Daniela Melchior Talks That Moment That Made Audiences Squirm and the Franchise’s Future
‘The Flash’ Director Andy Muschietti on Ezra Miller’s Potential Future With Franchise: No One Else “Can Play That Character as Well”
You Hurt My Feelings
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, ‘You Hurt My Feelings’ Team Break Down Fallout From “Betrayal”