- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Jeff Bridges–Julianne Moore fantasy epic, distributed worldwide by Universal Pictures, earned an estimated $18.4 million at 2,698 dates in 24 territories. That puts the global box-office take to date at $26.7 million after the Sergei Bodrov-directed movie opened Dec. 17 in France, ahead of its U.S. release Feb. 6.
Seventh Son, in which Bridges plays a mentor to a young man (Ben Barnes) turned warrior, was the number-one film in Russia, Romania, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand this weekend. The film earned an estimated $8.6 million on 1,050 screens in Russia, and pulled in another $697,000 in box office in Ukraine.
Seventh Son also opened in Spain with a $1.2 million box-office take from 296 screens, and in Bolivia, Croatia, Hong Kong, Peru, Portugal and Taiwan. Besides the U.S. market, Seventh Son also will open in Bulgaria, Chile, Czech Republic, Philippines and South Africa in the coming months.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day