- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Garrett Wareing, who starred opposite Dustin Hoffman and Kathy Bates in Boychoir, has joined the cast of Fox’s Independence Day sequel.
Roland Emmerich is directing the sequel, which has a mix of rising stars and returning faces set to fight aliens.
Maika Monroe, Jessie Usher, Liam Hemsworth and Charlotte Gainsbourg are set for the production, in which Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman and Judd Hirsch are among those reprising their roles from the 1994 original.
Wareing will play a boy who seeks refuge with the First Family when the aliens attack.
Production is underway, with a scheduled June 24, 2016, release date.
Wareing is considered an actor to watch thanks to his feature acting debut opposite Hoffman, Josh Lucas and Debra Winger in Boychoir, which made its debut at last year’s Toronto Film Festival.
He is repped by ICM Partners and 23 Management Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tragedy of Macbeth