- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Mitchell and Ellar Coltrane are getting presidential.
The Straight Outta Compton star and the Boyhood actor have joined the cast of Barry, which follows Barack Obama in New York in the early 80s, during his college days.
Mitchell and Coltrane are joining Anya Taylor-Joy and Devon Terrell, who will be playing the young POTUS.
The indie feature will be directed by Vice correspondent Vikram Gandhi from a script by written by Adam Mansbach, the author of the adult children’s book Go the F*** to Sleep. The movie, which is expected to begin shooting next month, is being produced by Black Bear Pictures and Cinetic Media.
Mitchell, who starred in Compton as N.W.A member Eazy-E, will next be seen in the kitten-centric action-adventure Keanu and the upcoming King Kong movie, Kong: Skull Island. Coltrane will next be seen in the sci-fi film drama The Circle, alongside John Boyega and Emma Watson.
Mitchell is repped by UTA, Authentic Talent and Ziffren Bittenham. Coltrane is repped by UTA and Cinetic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day