- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brad Garrett, the Emmy-winning actor best known for his work on Everybody Loves Raymond, is in negotiations to join the high-powered cast of Burt Wonderstone, New Line’s magician comedy.
Steve Carell toplines the movie, set in the world of rival Las Vegas magicians. Carell plays a more traditional magic man who is dethroned by a hipper illusionist doing dangerous tricks. He breaks up with his partner and must find a way to rediscover his love for magic.
Jim Carrey, James Gandolfini, Olivia Wilde and Steve Buscemi already are on board.
Garrett will play a supporting role as Carrell’s accountant, whom he fires.
The movie is scheduled to go before cameras in January. Don Scardino (30 Rock) is directing.
Garrett won three Emmys for Raymond (he was nominated five times), the long-running and critically acclaimed sitcom. He also starred for four seasons in the comedy ‘Til Death.
He is repped by UTA, Management 360 and attorney Michael Gendler.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day