- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jolie and Pitt also will produce the project, which was announced Friday by Donna Langley, chairman of Universal Pictures, which has acquired all worldwide rights.
The couple last appeared onscreen together in 2005’s Mr. & Mrs. Smith, where they originally met.
Jolie is currently in postproduction on Unbroken, the true story of Olympian and war hero Louis Zamperini, adapted from author Laura Hillenbrand‘s best-seller. Universal will release Unbroken, which Jolie directed and produced, on Christmas Day.
Jolie commented on the announcement: “I am very happy to continue my relationship with Donna and the entire Universal team as I finish Unbroken and begin work on By the Sea. They have created a very special place for storytellers, and I look forward to the continued passion and support they have provided to me as a filmmaker.”
“Angelina continues to showcase her extraordinary storytelling abilities in front of and behind the camera, and we are thrilled to extend our relationship with her on By the Sea,” Langley said. “Angelina and Brad represent two of Hollywood’s brightest talents, and we are excited to be a part of their collaboration on this powerful piece.”
Jolie is represented by UTA and Sloan Offer. Pitt is represented by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day