- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brad Pitt graced the cover of V Magazine‘s latest issue and opened up about what it was like working closely with wife Angelina Jolie while shooting By the Sea, a film that follows the emotional fallout of a married couple.
“It was probably not the wisest way to spend a honeymoon. But then again, fighting to make something together … what better metaphor for marriage?” the actor said about co-starring opposite Jolie, who also wrote and directed the drama.
“It’s surprising how much I enjoy the direction of my wife. She’s decisive, incredibly intuitive, knife-sharp, and might I say, sexy at her post. I trust her with my life,” Pitt shared. “For this one, I operated on pure instinct. Angie and I have too much history and understanding of each other to question beyond there.”
The couple first met on the set of 2005’s Mr. & Mrs. Smith. On filming By the Sea, which marks the pair’s first onscreen appearance together in 10 years, Pitt noted that he and Jolie desired to “keep it a family affair.”
“We, by our own admission, were overdue,” he said. “If I’m going to work, I want to work with my wife.”
By the Sea hits theaters Nov. 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group