- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Citing a “family situation” after news of his divorce proceedings from Angelina Jolie recently emerged, Brad Pitt has canceled a red carpet appearance for Terrence Malick’s new film Voyage of Time.
Pitt narrates Malick’s feature that examines the origins of the universe and of life on Earth.
“Terrence’s Voyage of Time is an incredibly beautiful and unique experiential IMAX film for children and families chronicling the birth of time,” said Pitt in a statement to Access Hollywood.
He continued: “I’m very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I’m currently focused on my family situation and don’t want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see.”
The notoriously private director and Pitt worked together on 2011’s Oscar-nominated Tree of Life.
A week ago it was reported that Angelina Jolie Pitt filed for divorce from the actor after 12 years together. Robert Offer, an attorney for Jolie Pitt said that the decision to divorce was made “for the health of the family.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival