- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Pitt is being courted to star alongside Cruise in Go Like Hell, Fox’s racing movie based on Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans, written by A. J. Baime.
Cruise is attached to portray car designer Carroll Shelby in the project, which has Joseph Kosinski (Oblivion) in the director’s chair.
Lucas Foster and Alex Young are producing the true story of the competition between the Ford Motor Company and Italian sports car designer Enzo Ferrari, which culminated at the 1966 Le Mans race.
Pitt was attached to star in the project when it had Michael Mann on board as director back in 2009. He remained interested in the project and has had talks with the new team. With Kosinski supervising the writing — brothers Jez and John-Henry Butterworth have written a new draft — a new script is in the actor’s hands.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day