- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The iconic label confirmed the news on Wednesday, saying: “Chanel has selected world renowned actor Brad Pitt to be the face of the upcoming advertising campaign for Chanel No. 5.”
According to E! News, which first reported the deal, the actor was scheduled to film a commercial in London at some point this week for a seven-figure paycheck. The spot won’t be released in the U.S., only abroad, circa late 2012.
Pitt’s rep did not respond to THR‘s request for comment.
Pitt, freshly engaged to Angelina Jolie, is expected to attend this month’s Cannes Film Festival with Jolie (who, according to THR sources, is assembling her wardrobe for the film festival.)
Pitt returns to the Croisette for the red-carpet rollout of his mobster drama Killing Them Softly, directed by Andrew Dominik, who worked with Pitt on The Assassination of Jesse James.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day