- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ad, shot by Golden Globe nominated-director Joe Wright, shows the actor and Chanel spokes-celebrity as he delivers an earnest monologue laden with dramatic pauses and dreamy eye contact with the camera.
“It’s not a journey. Every journey ends but we go on,” he says, prompting us to wonder how much he got paid to do this (word is, around $7 million). “The world turns and we turn with it. Plans disappear. Dreams take over. But wherever I go, there you are. My luck, my fate, my fortune.”
At the same time, Pitt smolders while delivering some corny lines, somehow managing to make them seem profound — and profoundly amusing, especially to YouTube commenters LOL-ing at the A-lister’s Chanel endorsement.
“LOL. So cringe,” snipes one critic, while another echoes: ?”HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”
Yes another confesses, “I know I should hate this but? I could watch this 100 times.”
Check out the spot, and sound off in the comments.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day