- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ad, shot by Golden Globe nominated-director Joe Wright, shows the actor and Chanel spokes-celebrity as he delivers an earnest monologue laden with dramatic pauses and dreamy eye contact with the camera.
“It’s not a journey. Every journey ends but we go on,” he says, prompting us to wonder how much he got paid to do this (word is, around $7 million). “The world turns and we turn with it. Plans disappear. Dreams take over. But wherever I go, there you are. My luck, my fate, my fortune.”
At the same time, Pitt smolders while delivering some corny lines, somehow managing to make them seem profound — and profoundly amusing, especially to YouTube commenters LOL-ing at the A-lister’s Chanel endorsement.
“LOL. So cringe,” snipes one critic, while another echoes: ?”HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”
Yes another confesses, “I know I should hate this but? I could watch this 100 times.”
Check out the spot, and sound off in the comments.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
San Sebastian International Film Festival
They Cloned Tyrone