- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anyway, it’s a done deal, and the fashion house will unveil Pitt’s Chanel No. 5 TV commercial and print ad this fall. The commercial will start airing on October 15 and the print ads will be in the big November beauty, style and fashion mags.
Why use a man to promote the iconic scent created by Coco Chanel in 91 years ago?
“We think very much that the perfume is a seduction between a man, a woman and the perfume. No.5 is our leading fragrance, and we are willing to make the investment to keep it on that level.” Andrea d’Avack, president, Chanel Fragrance & Beauty, told WWD.
Industry reports have Pitt raking in around $7 million for the Chanel endorsement.
Chanel will also call in other celebrities — notably all female and not in the fresh face category — including Ali MacGraw, Catherine Deneuve, Candice Bergen, Nicole Kidman, Audrey Tautou and Vanessa Paradis. What? No Angelina Jolie?
In Pitt’s first commercial, shot by Golden Globe nominated director Joe Wright (Atonement, Hanna, Pride and Prejudice), the actor will seem to be speaking to a woman but then it’s revealed that he’s actually talking to the No. 5 perfume bottle. Hmmm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group