- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Conan O’Brien may have joked that the product Brad Pitt is selling in a new commercial is “Nonsensical Ramblings” — but the actor’s dead-serious campaign for Chanel No 5 perfume lives on: A second clip was posted on Tuesday to Chanel’s YouTube channel.
The new 30-second spot — also helmed by Atonement director Joe Wright — uses the same cryptic monologue uttered by the Moneyball star in the much-maligned first ad. (“It’s not a journey. Every journey ends, but we go on,” Pitt muses.)
But this time we cut away from Pitt’s searching eyes and that now-familiar textured backdrop to glimpse a series of dreamy, CGI-enhanced images: a woman in a white dress seemingly walking on water; a giant perfume bottle hovering above a futuristic escalator; and a woman in a metallic evening gown gazing at a golden skyline from inside a glass elevator.
An overall improvement? Or a downgrade? Share your thoughts below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day