- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Plan B Entertainment, the production company run by Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner, has signed a first-look deal with Warner Bros. Pictures.
The move puts the producers of such challenging and Oscar-winning dramas as Moonlight and 12 Years a Slave on the lot of the studio that is home to Harry Potter, DC heroes and Stephen King’s It. It is also a homecoming for Plan B, which was first formed at Warners in the early 2000s and was involved in the making of The Departed and Troy.
Plan B was most recently aligned with Annapurna, with whom it signed a deal in 2017 and for whom it made the Adam McKay-directed Dick Cheney biopic Vice and Barry Jenkins’ If Beale Street Could Talk. Annapurna came through a tough 2019, which saw the Megan Ellison-led company escape a bankruptcy after a companywide restructuring, during which time it offloaded the projects Hustlers and Bombshell.
Plan B is currently working on the Miranda July effort Kajillionaire, which Annapurna sold to Focus Features after the film’s Sundance debut, and Jon Stewart’s political drama Irresistible, also with Focus.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day