- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The giant screen exhibitor has a deal with Paramount Pictures to give the 3D zombie flick a screening in select Imax theaters in North America for a limited one-week engagement from Aug. 2.
The film, which debuted on June 21, has already screened on select Imax screens internationally.
Imax is citing “overwhelming demand” for the decision to release the picture, from Paramount and co-financing partner Skydance Productions, closer to home.
World War Z has grossed more than $460 million since debuting, according to Imax.
The action pic revolves around an ex-United Nations investigator, played by Pitt, who crosses the world in a race against time to stop a pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself.
The film also stars Mireille Enos and James Badge Dale. Marc Forster directs.
is right: Jim [Gianopulos] and I, at least, are on the same page. Mine actually was the first Godfather.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day