- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bradley Cooper is putting on a black hat for Jane Got a Gun, the Western revenge story that ran into a spell of trouble a few weeks back when it lost its director the day before shooting was to begin.
Cooper will play the villain role that was vacated by Jude Law, who departed the project after the original director, Lynne Ramsay, abruptly left over creative and contract issues.
Gavin O’Connor is now directing the movie, in production in New Mexico.
Natalie Portman stars as a woman whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds. When her husband’s gang eventually tracks him down to finish him off, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask if he will help defend her farm.
Joel Edgerton, whose face is all over the new Great Gatsby trailer, is playing the ex-lover.
Cooper is in the middle of shooting David O. Russell’s untitled movie, once named American Bullshit, that is loosely inspired by the true-life Abscam sting of the late 1970s and early ’80s.
Sources say the actor will shoot his parts at a later date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day