- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In an interview with French publication Le Parisien, the director, whose horror and suspense credits include Carrie, Dressed to Kill and Blow Out, said he is currently writing a screenplay about the scandal for an unnamed French producer. “My character won’t be named Harvey Weinstein, but it will be a horror film, with a sexual aggressor, and it will take place in the film industry,” he said.
De Palma most recently completed Domino, a thriller about a police officer seeking justice for his partner’s murder, which stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Carice van Houten and Guy Pearce and is awaiting distribution.
Further details about his new project were not immediately available.
Earlier this week, Weinstein was indicted on rape and criminal sex act charges by a Manhattan grand jury.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day