- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veteran actor Brian Dennehy has joined the cast of Tag, the New Line comedy starring Ed Helms, Jake Johnson and Hannibal Buress.
Jon Hamm and Jeremy Renner also star in the ensemble film, which is currently shooting in Atlanta with Jeff Tomsic in the director’s seat.
The movie tells the story of a group of friends, now adults, who have been playing a no-holds-barred game of tag since first grade, all at the expense of jobs and relationships. When the annual game occurs during the period when the one undefeated player is getting married, the game goes to an insane level.
Dennehy will play Johnson’s dad.
The movie has a release date of June 29, 2018.
Dennehy’s multi-decade career goes back to appearances in First Blood, Cocoon and FX. The actor was last seen on SundanceTV’s Hap and Leonard and is starring in The Seagull with Elisabeth Moss and Annette Bening.
Dennehy is repped by ICM Partners and Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day