- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brittany Curran has been cast as the female lead in the Marcus Nispel-directed thriller Backmask.
The movie centers on a group of teenagers that accidentally releases an evil spirit that starts to possess them one by one. Nispel, helmer of Friday the 13th (2009) and Conan the Barbarian (2011) is directing from a script by Kirsten Elms.
Steven Schneider (Insidious) is among the project’s producers. Voltage Pictures shopped the film to buyers at the Cannes Film Festival last month. Production began in Rhode Island on June 4.
Curran recently wrapped the independent horror/thriller Captured, in which she had the lead role. She is best known for her role of “Lucy” on TNT’s Men of a Certain Age.
She is represented by UTA, Medavoy Management and attorney Mark S. Temple.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
How a ‘Pooh’ Slasher Flick May Have Tipped Hong Kong Towards Greater Beijing Censorship
Owen Wilson Says Wig Did “Heavy Lifting” to Help Him Play Bob Ross-Inspired Character in ‘Paint’
Inside the Firing of Victoria Alonso: Her Oscar-Nominated Movie ‘Argentina, 1985’ at Center of Exit (Exclusive)
‘John Wick: Chapter 4’ Director Chad Stahelski Breaks Down the Ending That Made the Studio Say, “Are You Insane?”