- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brittany Snow has joined the cast of the Universal musical comedy Pitch Perfect being produced by Gold Circle Films.
Jason Moore is directing the film, which takes place in the competitive world of a cappella singing groups. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson have already been cast in the story of an all-girls college a cappella group trying to rebuild with a shaky rookie in the lead so they can take on the all-guys championship team. Snow will play Chloe, a somewhat rigid personality who finds her spot in the group.
Kay Cannon adapted the screenplay from the nonfiction book written by GQ‘s Mickey Rapkin. Paul Brooks is producing for Gold Circle along with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman of Brownstone Prods. Universal execs Peter Cramer and Kiska Higgs will oversee the project for the studio.
Filming is scheduled to begin mid-October in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Snow has appeared in Hairspray, Prom Night and Finding Amanda. She will next be seen in Syrup, Petunia, 96 Minutes, Would You Rather and Janie Jones, which Tribeca Film will release in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day