- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Reitman will helm the indie based on a screenplay by Diablo Cody, as it portrays Marlo (Theron), a mother of three including a newborn, who is gifted a night nanny by her brother. Hesitant to the extravagance at first, Marlo comes to form a unique bond with the thoughtful, surprising, and sometimes challenging young nanny named Tully.
Tully reteams Reitman, Theron and Cody, after their earlier collaboration on Juno, and will be shot in Vancouver. The trio, who also worked together on the 2011 drama Young Adult, have been talking for some time about collaborating on Cody’s latest script, Tully, and its treatment of motherhood.
The film is being produced by Aaron Gilbert of Bron, Reitman and Helen Estabrook through their Right of Way Productions, Cody and Mason Novick, and Theron, A.J. Dix and Beth Kono through Denver & Delilah Productions. Jason Cloth is executive producing.
Reitman, Estabrook, Cody, Novick and Theron earlier worked together on Young Adult. Sierra/Affinity has also come on board to launch international sales for Tully at the Cannes Film Market.
WME Global brokered the deal for the project and will represent domestic rights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day