- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The romance film, which recently won the Canon Filmmakers Award from Film Independent, will mark the feature directorial debut of Emily Ting, who also wrote the script.
Chung, who is engaged to Greenberg, will play a Chinese-American girl who, while visiting Hong Kong for the first time for business, meets American expat Josh (Greenberg). An attraction forms between them, but the timing might not be on their side.
Ting’s Unbound Feet Productions (The Kitchen) is producing along with Sophia Shek of Hong Kong-based IXII Productions. Principal photography is slated to begin in Hong Kong in May.
Greenberg, whose previous work includes HBO’s How to Make It in America and TV series One Tree Hill, most recently wrapped production on Vice alongside Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane. Repped by Gersh, Ellen Meyer Management and Jackoway Tyerman, Greenberg can next be seen in A Short History of Decay, which comes out in May.
Chung appeared in the films Grown Ups, Premium Rush and The Hangover Part II, and can next be seen in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, coming out in August. She previously appeared on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, and just wrapped production on the first season of NBC’s Believe. She’s repped by Gersh, 3 Arts and Morris Yorn Barnes & Levine.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day