- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What does it take to bring the X-Men of two different eras together? 20th Century Fox has released a new featurette showing director Bryan Singer talking about what brought him back to the franchise for this summer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.
“For me, it’s sort of a personal opportunity to sort of reach into the past myself, reunite with old friends,” the director says about what made him wade back into the universe of Marvel’s children of the atom, adding that he also wanted to direct the cast of X-Men: First Class. The use of time travel in the movie, he explains, was a solution to the problem of using both casts in the same movie.
The 90-second video also features new footage from the mutant mashup movie, with both finished special effects and behind-the-scenes clips; particularly charming is James McAvoy excitedly pointing out Patrick Stewart on set. Watch the video below.
X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day