- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Buena Vista International and Apsara Distribution — the pan-Asian rights buying arm of IM Global — are teaming on a multi-year, multi-picture output deal for Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam and Cambodia.
“Working with Buena Vista across these rapidly growing territories, as well as with our partners Reliance Entertainment in India, will hlep us to continue growing Apsara’s library and to effectively monetize the kind of star-driven commerical titles that can work so well in the region,” IM Global founder-CEO Stuart Ford said.
Apsara titles acquired by Buena Vista include Ron Howard‘s upcoming Formula One thriller Rush, the Arnold Schwarzenegger starrer The Last Stand, The Fighter, Sylvester Stallone‘s Bullet to the Head, and Cannes 2012 market titles Motor City, starring Gerard Butler, Liam Hemsworth starrer Paranoia and Peter Berg’s Lone Survivor, starring Mark Wahlberg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day