- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mother! director Darren Aronofsky has added his voice to the growing list of industry figures condemning disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.
During an appearance at the Busan International Film Festival on Friday, Aronofsky was asked how he felt about the allegations of sexual harassment and assault that have been leveled against Weinstein in recent days.
“Sexual abuse of any type anywhere is unacceptable,” he said. “It’s unlawful and it’s disgusting; and it needs to be battled by everyone. Men and women need to have absolutely no tolerance for it.”
The Weinstein Co. was not involved in any of Aronofsky’s films as a director. But Weinstein’s Miramax distributed Below, a film from 2002 that was written by Aronofsky; and TWC handled international distribution on David O. Russell’s The Fighter, on which Aronofsky and Weinstein were executive producers.
More to come …
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day