- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CAA has signed Transformers: The Last Knight‘s Isabela Moner, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.
The actress, 15, is being billed as the young female lead of the blockbuster Paramount franchise’s fifth installment. She is playing Izabella, described as a street-smart foster kid with a Transformer as her only friend until she meets robot-builder Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg, reprising his starring role from the fourth film in the series directed by Michael Bay).
Moner was one of the three series regulars this past season on Nickelodeon’s freshman comedy 100 Things to Do Before High School; THR critic Amy Amatangelo called her “a charismatic presence” and predicted she could be the network’s next breakout star, in the vein of Victoria Justice and Miranda Cosgrove. As a singer, Moner debuted on Broadway at age 10 in the 2012 revival of Evita and released the solo album Stopping Time via Broadway Records last fall.
Moner continues to be repped by manager Jen Merlino of Untitled and attorney Michael Mahan of Peikoff Mahan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day