- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Last year, DeBose received Tony and Drama League nominations and won the Chita Rivera Award for “outstanding female dancer in a Broadway show” for her portrayal of “Disco Donna” in Summer: The Donna Summer Musical. As the iconic singer in mid-career, DeBose was “both nervy and vulnerable,” critic Deborah Wilker wrote in THR‘s review.
DeBose has come a long away since her screen debut as a top 20 finalist on Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance a decade ago. She was a member of Hamilton‘s original Broadway cast, and her other credits on the Great White Way include A Bronx Tale: The Musical, Pippin, Motown: The Musical and Bring It On: The Musical. Next up, she will join Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep, Kerry Washington, Awkwafina and more in Ryan Murphy’s adaptation of the Broadway musical The Prom, which is set to premiere in fall 2020 on Netflix.
DeBose continues to be repped by AC Management and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show