- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The rehashing of the horror-comedy is directed by Travis Z., with Roth returning to executive produce. Roth co-wrote the film with original Cabin Fever co-writer Randy Pearlstein.
The reboot follows the same plot as the original, focusing on a group of five college graduates who rent a cabin in the woods, where they contract a flesh-eating virus and the attention of the crazed locals. Hilarity and gore then ensue.
“It was a great opportunity to recreate an iconic film for a new generation of horror fans,” said Travis Z.
Cabin Fever stars Teen Wolf‘s Gage Golightly and True Blood‘s Dustin Ingram, along with Samuel Davis, Matthew Daddario and Nadine Crocker.
Roth was not involved in 2009’s Cabin Fever: Spring Fever or 2014’s Cabin Fever: Patient Zero, which starred Sean Astin.
IFC Midnight is a sister label to IFC Films and is owned and operated by AMC Networks. The deal was negotiated with WME Global on behalf of the filmmakers. The film is eyeing a 2016 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day