- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Combining their respective territorial bulk, Canadian movie distributor Alliance Films is to partner with Italy’s Medusa Film on feature film acquisitions and co-productions.
Alliance Film chairman Victor Loewy and Medusa Film CEO Giampaolo Letta have unleashed their respective execs to co-produce films or jointly acquire multi-territory rights.
The pact will see Medusa release product in Italy, with Alliance distributing in Canada and in the U.K. via its local outfit Momentum Pictures
and in Spain through Aurum Producciones.
The deal was negotiated by Loewy and Charles Layton for Alliance Films and Faruk Alatan for Medusa.
Alliance Films, Canada’s top indie distributor, has supply deals with Focus Features, Relativity Media, CBS Films and The Weinstein Company, as well as co-financing and distribution arrangements with a range of indie producers.
Medusa Film, Italy’s leading indie distributor, recently co-produced Somewhere by Sofia Coppola, and This Must be the Place by Paolo Sorrentino, with Sean Penn toplining.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day