- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian indie producer Unstable? Ground? has optioned the film? rights? to? Douglas ?Borton’s ? horror? novel? Kane.
Serena Whitney ?and? Justin ? McConnell will? write the screenplay and co-produce along ?with ?Avi? Federgreen ?(Still? Mine,? One ? Week).
Borton’s novel portrays a satanic traveler out to kill the entire population of a small, dying town in a single night. The town’s surviving members must band together to? fight ?a seemingly unstoppable ?evil,? or? die? trying.
Genre director Adam Mason and George ?Mihalka ?are on board as consulting? producers. There’s no word on a director or cast for the film, which is now in development.
The ?option deal was? negotiated by McConnell ?for Unstable? Ground, and Jane ?Dystel? and Miriam? Goderich of ? Dystel ?& Goderich Literary Management, ?on ?behalf ?of ?Borton.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day