- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aqui y Alla, the first feature from Spain’s Antonio Mendez Esparza, has won the Nespresso Grand Prize as part of the Cannes Film Festival sidebar Critics’ Week.
The film focuses on a man who returns from the U.S. to his small village in Mexico.
The Critics’ Week France 4 Visionary award Thursday night went to Sofia’s Last Ambulance, a documentary by Ilian Metev about Bulgaria’s capital Sofia and staff at its ambulances struggling to keep up with their workload.
Theological thriller God’s Neighbors, from Israeli director Meni Yaesh, won the Society of Authors, Directors and Composers award, and a distribution support honor went to The Wild Ones, which is about five teenagers who escape a reformatory school in an Argentinean province.
Bertrand Bonello headed up an international Critics’ Week jury.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day