- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Butler Ushers in New Era for Icon U.K.
Lee Daniels‘ The Butler starring Oscar winner Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey, marks a high-profile return to production for Icon U.K. Group, the newly revamped producer/financier structure for the British-based company. Inspired by the life of Eugene Allen, a White House butler who served eight American presidents during the course of four decades, the project is billed as a historical epic.
Portman Stars in Gun
Natalie Portman is attached to star and produce Jane Got a Gun, a Western written by Brian Duffield that popped up on the Black List of top screenplays. Lynne Ramsay is attached to direct, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Weather Doesn’t Dampen Sales
Guillermo Del Toro‘s stop-motion 3D version of the classic fairy tale Pinocchio has sparked interest from studios and at least one equity financier. Inferno Entertainment, which is producing and selling the picture, has opted to hold back inking deal memos while it irons out the best way to bankroll the production. Inferno’s move is indicative of the changing market landscape this year, as a raft of new equity investors slosh up and down the Croisette looking for deals to strike.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day