- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lily Rabe will play silent film star and pioneering Hollywood producer Mary Pickford in a currently untitled movie that producers Julie Pacino and Jennifer DeLia are assembling.
Rabe, repped by ICM and Framework Entertainment, most recently appeared in TV’s American Horror Story and on Broadway in The Merchant of Venice.
Josh Fagin is writing the screenplay for the project, based on Eileen Whitfield’s biography Pickford: The Woman Who Made Hollywood. Pacino and DeLia, who will produce under their Poverty Row Entertainment banner, along with Said Zahraoui, are currently in Cannes while they go about casting such other iconic roles as Charlie Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks and D.W. Griffith.
“Meeting Lily really sealed the deal as not only did she already know a lot about Pickford but also, we were instantly able to visually place Lily in that time, right into Mary’s shoes,” said DeLia, who is also directing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day