- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The $48 million pic is sure to be a high-profile title on the Croisette.
Lone Survivor is an adaptation of Marcus Luttrell’s novel — based upon true events — and chronicles the failed June 28, 2005, mission “Operation Red Wings,” in which four members of SEAL Team 10 were tasked to capture or kill Taliban leader Ahmad Shah. But when their mission is compromised, the outnumbered SEALs must fight off the Taliban and navigate treacherous mountain terrain as they try to survive.
Berg wrote the adapted script.
Randall Emmett and George Furla are producing Lone Survivor via their Emmett/Furla Films. Berg, Wahlberg, Akiva Goldsman, Sarah Aubrey, Stephen Levinson and Barry Spikings also are producing. Kerry Foster, Remington Chase and Stepan Martirosyan are executive producing.
Berg is set to start shooting Sept. 15 in New Mexico.
Lone Survivor marks the third collaboration between Foresight and Emmett/Furla Films following 2 Guns, starring Wahlberg and Denzel Washington, and Albert Hughes‘ Motor City, starring Gerard Butler. Foresight will launch Motor City at Cannes as well.
2 Guns was the biggest title at the European Film Market in February, with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions snapping up distribution rights to most of the world.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day