- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
CANNES – Danish actor Nikolaj Lie Kaas will play the lead in The Keeper of Lost Causes, the first film in a planned four-feature crime franchise based on the so-called “Department Q” bestsellers by author Jussi Adler-Olsen.
Lie Kaas will play police detective Carl Morck. Together with his partner, Morck gets involved in a five-year-old cold case involving a missing woman. Their investigation leads them on a journey across Scandinavia, as they track down a psychopathic killer.
A box-office champ at home, where his credits include local blockbuster A Funny Man (2011), Lie Kaas is also a known commodity internationally, with supporting roles in features such as The Whistleblower (2010) and Angels and Demons (2009).
Mikkel Norgaard (Clown – The Movie) has signed on to direct The Keeper of Lost Causes from a script by Nikolaj Arcel, who penned the script to the original Swedish The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
TrustNordisk is pre-selling the film in Cannes and has already signed deals with NFP in Germany and Frenetic Films in Switzerland for all four titles in the “Department Q” franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day