- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Filmmaker Erick Dowdle is set to begin shooting in October from a script he co-wrote with his brother Drew Dowdle.
Crime Scene’s Adam Ripp and Rob Paris are financing the movie and will produce with Steve Alexander and Drew Dowdle.
Sierra/Affinity is handling international rights, and will shop the project to foreign buyers later this month at the Cannes film market.
“Having Pierce step into the role of a mysterious and ultimately heroic government operative is the perfect compliment to Owen’s everyman dilemma. We’re thrilled to have him on board,” Alexander said.
Crime Scene, backed by private equity, has a busy slate, including Joel and Ethan Coen’s upcoming film Gambit, starring Colin Firth, Cameron Diaz, Alan Rickman and Stanley Tucci.
Among other projects, Crime Scene is financing and producing Suspiria — based on Dario Argento’s 1977 film of the same name — with David Gordon Green attached to direct. And the company is currently in production on Kate Hudson action pic Everly, which drew keen interest from international distributors earlier this year at Berlin (Sierra also is handling that film).
Brosnan is represented by CAA and attorney Stuart Brookman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day