- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — Cannes Film Festival artistic director Thierry Fremaux whetted the cinema world’s appetite by revealing the titles chosen for the Un Certain Regard sidebar at a press conference Thursday in Paris.
This year’s lineup features an anticipated selection of titles.
David Cronenberg’s son Brandon Cronenberg will screen his first film, Antiviral, in the category. Gustave de Kervern and Benoit Delepine‘s Le grand soir, starring Benoit Poelvoorde and Albert Dupontel, will screen in that section as well. Also sure to cause buzz in Un Certain Regard is Sylvie Verheyde’s Confession d’un enfant du siecle, starring unlikely the screen duo of Charlotte Gainsbourg and Pete Doherty.
Catherine Corsini’s Three Worlds, starring Raphael Personnaz and Clotilde Hesme, also will represent France in the category.
Also set for the sidebar is Beasts of the Southern Wild, which won the grand jury prize at Sundance in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day