- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES – Canadian distributor VVS Films has picked up cop thriller Ten starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. The deal was negotiated between Ernie and Harry Grivakis of VVS Films and Bill Block and John Friedberg of QED, which are financing and producing the film. David Ayer, who helmed Street Kings (2008) and the upcoming cop drama End of Watch with Jake Gyllenhaal, is attached to direct. VVS also has End of Watch in Canada. Open Road recently picked up Ten for release in the U.S.
The Ten acquisition adds another big mainstream title to VVS’ slate. The Montreal-based indie distributor recently secured Arbi. Ten is part of QED’s ambitious slate, which also includes Neill Blomkamp-directed Elysium, starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, which Columbia Pictures will release stateside and the crime thriller I, Alex Cross for Lionsgate, starring Matthew Fox, Ed Burns, Tyler Perry and Rachel Nichols. QED got a fresh injection of capital this week when Bill Block‘s Media Content Capital invested a mid-eight figure sum in the production, financing and sales operation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day