- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At Cannes on Friday — sometime before a peeping Tom did his dirty work underneath America Ferrera‘s gown on the How to Train Your Dragon 2 premiere carpet — the actress attended a photo call for her new film. And she looked absolutely lovely in a sunny, citrus-hued Louis Vuitton outfit that happened to have a pretty side-swept hairdo to match.
Turns out hairstylist Christian Wood drew inspiration from the vintage-esque ensemble, opting for “a classic Hollywood vibe with a hard, modern edge.” To achieve the soft-waves-meet-slicked-back look, Woods started by parting the hair and adding Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray ($26, Sephora.com) for texture. Then he combed Ferrera’s hair back on one side and secured it with Frederic Fekkai hairspray and pins. Starting from the front, Waters then curled her loose hair into waves, adding Oribe Dry Texturing Spray ($21.50, Neiman Marcus) for additional volume once the locks cooled. Next, he gently teased the waves apart using a brush and his fingers and set the final look with L’Oreal Elnett hairspray ($12.99, Target.com).
No official word on the dress degenerate’s motivation for trying to sneak a peek of Ferrera’s lady bits. But let’s go with “her awesome photo-call hair” and leave it at that.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day