- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rising British name Alice Eve (Entourage, Star Trek Into Darkness, Men in Black 3) is set to join Helen Hunt and Dakota Fanning in Please Stand By, the upcoming drama from The Sessions writer-director Ben Lewin.
Announced last week, the film has been written by Michael Golamco and is being produced by Academy Award nominee Daniel Dubiecki (Money Monster, Up In the Air, Juno) and Lara Alameddine (Money Monster) of Los Angeles-based The Allegiance Theater. Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban’s 2929 Productions are financing.
Fanning will play a brilliant young woman with autism who escapes her care home and embarks on a road trip of a lifetime: to enter her script into a Hollywood competition. Eve will play her sister, who joins Hunt, her no-nonsense caregiver, in hot pursuit.
CAA is repping for the U.S., while London-based Embankment Films is handling international sales and is introducing the project to buyers in Cannes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day