- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With the first Paddington film having become one of the past year’s surprise hits, scoring more than $250 million in the international box office, making a sequel to StudioCanal’s live-action CGI adaptation seems like a no-brainer.
The man behind the Peruvian bear’s voice has now hinted that Paddington 2 might well be landing in the near future.
“I’ve heard it’s happening next year,” Ben Whishaw told The Hollywood Reporter, speaking on the sidelines of the press conference for Cannes competition entry The Lobster. “It’s just whispers at the moment, nothing has been confirmed.”
The Lobster, by Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos and also starring Rachel Weisz, Colin Farrell and Lea Seydoux, is having its world premiere Friday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures