- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Buyers are hot for the Nordic adventure tale The Last King.
The medieval swashbuckler, from Oscar-nominated director Nils Gaup (Pathfinder), rung up several territory pre-sales at the Cannes market last week, including deals with Minerva Pictures Group for Italy, Film Europe for the Czech Republic, Gulf Film for the Middle East and Pictureworks for India.
TrustNordisk, which is handling international sales for the film, previously sealed a deal for German-speaking Europe with Koch Media.
Jakob Oftebro, of Kon-Tiki fame, and Game of Thrones actor Kristofer Hivju star in The Last King as two Norwegian warriors who escape across the mountains to bring the last remaining heir to the throne to safety.
Thorbjorn Harr (Vikings) and Pal Sverre Hagen (Kon-Tiki) co-star. Stein B. Kvae and Finn Gjerdrum are producing for Paradox Film 3, together with Nordisk Film, Newgrange Pictures and Proton Cinema+Theatre.
The Last King is set for an early 2016 release in Scandinavia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day