- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The out-of-competition title stars Joaquin Phoenix, Emma Stone and Parker Posey. It focuses on a philosophy professor who takes steps to shake off his inertia.
In a review, Hollywood Reporter critic David Rooney wrote that the film shows Allen “in fine vintage form.” The movie is “a slinky, jazz-infused existential teaser in which various themes from some of the veteran filmmaker’s most memorable work dovetail into a darkly humorous quasi-thriller explored with a deft lightness of touch.”
“I’d always wanted to work with Parker Posey because I like the name Parker Posey,” Allen said at the press conference for the film earlier in the day.
He also discussed his planned Amazon TV series at the press event.
Earlier this year, Sony Pictures Classics acquired Irrational Man, marking the eighth time the company teamed with Allen. “Sony Classics and I have a good working relationship. I like the way they handle my movies, very special, very classy and I always hope my films live up to their expectations,” Allen said at the time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day