- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES – A24 Films has picked up U.S. rights to Atom Egoyan‘s The Captive, starring Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman and Rosario Dawson. The New York-based distributor is planning a fall 2014 release, and made the deal in partnership with DirecTV.
The deal between A24 and Entertainment One Films International, Ego Film Arts and The Film Farm was announced as the movie prepares for its world premiere in competition at the Cannes Film Festival Friday night. WME Global and CAA are co-repping U.S. rights.
“On behalf of my team, we are delighted that A24 will release The Captive in the US,” Egoyan said in a statement. “I am impressed with the caliber of films and campaigns they have recently worked on and I look forward to collaborating with them to reach an American audience.”
In the film, a father pulls off the highway at a diner, thinking his young daughter is safe in the seat. When he returns, she is gone, setting off a furious chase. Mireille Enos, Kevin Durand and Bruce Greenwood also star.
Egoyan wrote the script with David Fraser, based on an original story by the Canadian director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day