- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AMBI Pictures has set a star-studded voice cast for its 3D family feature Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad, to be animated in Toronto by Dimos Vrysellas (Shark Tale, The Prince of Egypt).
Alec Baldwin, John Cleese, James Franco, Anjelica Huston, Heidi Klum and Omar Sy will lend their voices to the project from Andrea Iervolino and Monika Bacardi’s AMBI Pictures. Cleese will voice the sinister Doc Walrus, who hatches a secret plot to accelerate global warming and melt the Arctic Circle.
That leads a ragtag group of inexperienced would-be heroes, voiced by Franco, Baldwin, Huston, Klum and Sy, to come together to foil his evil plans and save the Arctic. The animated film is being produced through AMBI Pictures’ Toronto-based studio, AIC Movie Inc.
Cal Brunker, animator for Despicable Me and Ice Age: Continental Drift, and Bob Barlen (Escape from Planet Earth) co-wrote the screenplay. AMBI Distribution, the AMBI Group’s sales arm, will oversee worldwide distribution for Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad, starting in Cannes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day