- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Though most of the guests at Charles Finch’s annual cocktail party Friday at the Hotel du Cap were dressed to the nines, Arnold Schwarzenegger was sporting a decidedly more casual look.
Wearing Adidas sneakers and holding an iPad in one hand and a cigar in the other, the former California governor and sometime action star made a surprise visit when he waltzed into the party right before Finch’s ninth annual Filmmakers dinner with Jaeger LeCoultre began. The guest list was that typical European mix of billionaires (Paul Allen), models (Coco Rocha) and actors (Adrien Brody).
Everyone wanted to know what Cannes juror Paolo Sorrentino thought of the movies he has seen so far. The Italian helmer, on hand with his agent, UTA’s Rich Klubeck, stayed mum. “I’m definitely not allowed to say,” he said with a laugh.
Meanwhile, Harvey Weinstein spent some time looking at the photographs on display, lingering on a classic shot of Vanessa Redgrave and Richard Harris on the set of 1967’s Camelot.
Finch presented the third in his series of photographs, “The Art of Behind the Scenes,” in partnership with the luxury watchmaker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day