- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A Louis Vuitton gown featuring an embellished white bodice, capelet and elegant, dusty blue slim skirt.
The Wearer: Isabelle Huppert, styled by Jonathan Huguet.
The Event: The Cannes Film Festival 70th Anniversary Soiree, where Huppert was joined by Juliette Binoche, Elodie Bouchez and director Pedro Almodovar.
Why It Matters: The American fashion and beauty industries are often chided for chasing the elusive French je ne sais quoi, but it’s women like Huppert, who exude natural, seemingly effortless elegance, who keep us coming back. Huppert shines among her fellow actresses in this romantic style, which was saved from coming across as too safe or stuffy by the addition of the small capelet hitting mid-back. Naturally, the gown comes from the French house of Louis Vuitton.
The custom creation comes on the heels of Louis Vuitton’s most recent resort collection, which was shown earlier this month in Tokyo and was met with rave reviews. Though some of creative director Nicolas Ghesquiere’s red-carpet designs are a bit tougher, incorporating leather and hardware, Huppert’s look proves he’s got a soft side, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day