- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – German sales outfit Beta Cinema has added two more local-language titles to its Cannes slate, picking up world sales rights for the comedy Quality Time, featuring rising star Florian David Fitz (Vincent Wants to Sea) and The Taste of Apple Seeds, an adaptation of Katharina Hagena‘s best-seller starring Hannah Herzsprung (Four Minutes).
Other pre-sale titles on Beta’s Cannes slate include Philipp Stölzl‘s period drama The Physician starring Ben Kingsley, Stellan Skarsgard and Tom Payne; and Bernard Rose‘s biopic The Devil’s Violinist, in which world-class musician David Garrett plays the legendary Italian violinist Niccolo Paganini. Beta will also screen the first footage of János Szász‘ WWII drama The Notebook and continue sales on Calin Peter Netzer‘s Berlin Film Festival winner Child’s Pose and Jan Ole Gerster‘s Oh Boy, the big winner at last month’s German Film Awards.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day