- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The British singer-songwriter will perform live May 17 for Worldview Entertainment, a production and financing company with three films in the festival. VIP New York City nightclub Bungalow 8 is hosting the evening, with club founder Amy Sacco on hand.
It will be the first time that Boy George has performed in Cannes, and he’ll treat guests to his greatest hits. The pop star rose to fame during the 1980s as the lead singer of Culture Club. Later, the singer — known for his trademark androgynous appearance — was the lead singer of Jesus Loves you.
DJ’s Benji Boko and Nicole Leone also will perform at the invite-only Worldview bash.
Worldview’s Cannes titles are James Gray’s period drama The Immigrant, starring Marion Cotillard, Joaquin Phoenix and Jeremy Renner; Arnaud Desplechin’s Jimmy P., starring Benicio Del Toro; and Guillaume Canet’s Blood Ties, starring Clive Owen, Billy Crudup, Cotillard, Mila Kunis, Zoe Saldana and James Caan.
The company was founded in 2007 and is based in New York.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day